Life in Dominica.....

Chapter 1
Getting adapted....

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Arriving

WELL LET'S JUST SAY IT WAS ABOUT 24 HOURS OF TRAVEL TIME WITH A 8 HOUR LAYOVER IN CHARLOTTE, NC. Where I slept on my yoga mat for 4 of those. Then I awoke and found myself practicing yoga in next to my gate where I ended up having a huge audience not what I was expecting or needing that early in the am.
In Antigua there was an hour delay on the flight and when I arrived in Dominica at the customs counter the man said hey it's your lucky day yoga teacher I'm gonna give you a 6 month stay no questions. I thought wow how does it get any better than this? To discover neither of my bags had arrrived with me.
I went to the claims dept and they informed me they would come to the Canefield airport the next day.
I went 2 days later to retrieve one of them. They said the other will be on its way!!!!ok
I experienced Carnival for a full on day. I will upload photos soon.
I have been without phone since I arrived, as I cancelled my services in the states and now my dominica phone isn't functioning....hmmmmm interesting.
I'm working on unlocking my iphone as i type this. What's it gonna take.
I do hope you all enjoy and please comment and ask questions!!!

3 comments:

  1. ooo charity, i'm so happy you're down there making it work even w/o luggage :) i like reading your post cuz its just like hearing you talk and i always enjoyed listening to you and your perspective. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi girl! Congrats on your new adventure! Dominica is lovely, isn't it? We were there a few months ago while on our honeymoon (along with a few other islnads). I hope you check out (if you haven't already) Jungle Bay Lodge - it's where we stayed and it is so beautiful - with a huge yoga palapa, too! Oh and scuba diving in Roseau is insane! do it! ~ Mascha

    ReplyDelete
  3. CH-CH-Charity! Wow, you are getting off to a good start! One day I hope to visit you. I can totally see you in the airport doing yoga. You are a superstar who lives life the way it should be.....I'm happy but I miss you already! Write again soon - can't wait to see those pics
    ana

    ReplyDelete