Life in Dominica.....

Chapter 1
Getting adapted....

Monday, March 8, 2010

loving it!

Well finally the universe has caught up with me..... with possibilities. I met Phinier this weekend who is a latin dancer... We are going to be having Latino Hip Hop dance classes. We spent all weekend goin through details. I will teach warmup and first hour of hip hop, dancehall or breaking and then we will teach salsa, meregue, or cha cha. We will switch it up. We got our venues today one in town .. Arawak theater and then one outside of town Crazy Coconuts. The local radio station will be promoting everything for us flyers and all for free!!!
oh and did I mention I get to re visit all these latin dances and co teach them!!!
My friend Shasta from chicago is coming down this week and hopefully we do a photoshoot for the flyers.
Now it's time to find a place to live...
got some leads today. Tomorrow I'm learning cha cha and teaching at the University. I'm still plugging away at the hotels here to teach yoga and practice massage. I find out thursday about another space where I'll be teaching yoga and exercise classes 2x a week in the nearby village.
my roommate has been gone so my house has been quiet with the river flowing next to it and birds singing. It rained for a tiny bit today.... we have been in a drought since I got here so wish more this way....

No comments:

Post a Comment