Life in Dominica.....

Chapter 1
Getting adapted....

Friday, March 5, 2010

oh Boye!!!

HMMM Well interested in this life yet....I'm still asking questions around it all.
This week I made some contacts thats for sure. I met one woman Pamela who has it together and is motivated. I found a community center to teach 2x a week in the village i live near. I find out next week if I get it but I'm pretty sure it's a go. I met up with a dance teacher who teaches salsa and she gave me some info and different spots to check out. Yoga isn't so poplar with locals here as they are very religious and they have a point of view about yoga as a religion but I'm still teaching them it we just call it body movement and awareness class!!!
I had students in my University class this week. That was a good times.
The living situation has got to change asap. I called a couple of apt places in the last few days hopefully early next week i get something for the locals price!(they have dif prices for foreigners:(t
I spent most of my day in the bush on a rock in the river meditating, contemplating life and choices...and moving on.
I'm still calling this Fort young hotel and trying to get some info as far as teaching there ... as was the plan before I got here.
i was In town a lot this week meeting with people going to the damn phone company....they don't have a plan where minutes and texts are all included. I pay as I go and it's re-dunk....
I made some fab food last night. Pumpkin fried dumpling with past and pumpkin/curry/ fish sauce. i was impressed and ate it all up by myself!!!
Life continues to change every moment. I think I ate too much sugar for dinner oh well sugar never hurt me before....
Big MWAH to all

No comments:

Post a Comment