Life in Dominica.....

Chapter 1
Getting adapted....

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

New roommate...how did I get so lucky

Last week a woman stopped by with Rasta man Paum Pau to check out a room at the place I'm staying,,, seemed nice enough...57 american woman.
So i see her the other day on the bus and she said she didn't move in because she felt she was intruding I said nah no worries.
Oh did I mention Jane (the english lady) has been mia for about a week now.
So Pam moves in yesterday, 3 rasta guys move all of her stuff includin gher big cat Joe..
she gets to talking and soon I know her whole made up life story. I head off to town to teach my class I had 2 students they are my star students, there every class... Lynthia and Princess. After i walk home through Newtown the only way to walk home which is where I here every pick up line you could think of.... psst hey you can I watch you walk... or pssssssst can I keep you company..... or i had one guy ask if I wanted the best weed... by then I was fed up and told him to fuck off I think i freaked him out a bit and he started ranting away I just kept on walking as you do here.
when I got home my new roommate was obliterating drunk ( its 6pm)and she cant quite walk. I cut my hair( O i did some splicing i think you would be proud) mini bangs
Then Julie stopped by (Bene's baby's father who is in charge of the place right now) Pam starts telling her whole life story to him and is a crying mess. Paum Pau is there and his 2 kids (2 boys really nice)
Pam continues to sneak into her room to down her booze and then come out as if nobody notices it's so entertaining to me.
I eat my dinner and practice a little breakdance I show the kids some stuff. By then I have heard Pams story 3 too many times. I tuck into my room and they are up to the wee hours of the morning.
And then this morning she's still drunk and is trying to make ramen noodles which are all over the floor.
I also have some new pet crabs that keep coming into my room they are cute mama and baby above you will see photo of mama I'm posting.
I get a call from Phenier (my dance partner) to meet in town.
and I'm off and out of the house.
I get a ride from a lovely old german lady into town. She was sweet.
I met Phenier at the barber shop and we went to Virtual the starbucks here met his brother, talked business and computers..
Then we had dance practice, we worked on the hip hop choreography and then I learned basic cha cha cha!!!!
Soo much fun. He's very serious about dance it's cute. After we ran into his friend who works at the tv station and is gonna interview us for our dance class and etc....
I walked back to the village where I went to Bene's neighbors house (janet) she is Oceans (bene's baby) auntie and is helping me find a place to rent as is everyone i've met today I put it out there Im looking for a place to live. I got a lot of people looking for me now.
I visited with Bene for a bit she ws busy studying and I told her to imagine this is a small footnote in her life and she will get past this and have her whole book ahead of her. I went for a swim in the sea for sunset it was beautiful.
I ran home to find my roomie in a state again. So here I am at my friends Regi and Caroline down the road where they have internet to bless you all with this writing. Hope you enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment