Life in Dominica.....

Chapter 1
Getting adapted....

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The mayor.... my new friend

Interesting enough. Imet the Mayor of Roseau last week (Cecil Joseph) and he has written me a letter of recommendation for my work permit which I finished up all that today. Along with he actually called the lady of the place I want to rent and tried talking her down in price. Then he took me with him and his contractor who are building his house and drove up to where I want to rent and checked it out for me and said it's an amazing place and should take it.
It really is a dream apt overlooking green lush mtns and the sea. it's a bright orange building with a huge rooftop deck (hello morning yoga)
And now the lady knows I'm friends with the mayor and she will treat me very nice... that's how it works here.
so yes I've been bouncing around all over. The dance classes are almost starting... paperwork, posters, advertising, location,etc.....
I spent a night up near Trafalga falls last night so beautiful I have the chance to stay up there but it's not easy getting buses to and from in the evening and weekends. The family where I would be staying by has a guest house they rent rooms they would give me my room for cheap it I would help with the 6 kids... I've been there and done that don't think it's for me in this moment of my life.
It's about doing what I love love, when and how I want to.
I met a girl from the states who is teaching yoga in Barbados said it took her almost 9 months to get things going. Well I've been here one month and things are happening and gonna just get busier!!!
Oh I love it when the universe gifts what I require of it.
Now to make it a few more weeks in the place i'm at. or what would it take find something temporary that would make my life more ease joy and glory!
The english lady has returned to the house now her and the american lady can party together....Such an interesting mix.... Can anyone say ALLOWANCE!!!
More to come soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment