Life in Dominica.....

Chapter 1
Getting adapted....

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

updates

Hey all who are following my adventures here
WEll I moved into my new apartment a few days ago and it's lovely minus the smelly fish refrigerator I'm currently airing out on the balcony which overlooks the caribbean sea and lush green mountains.
Dance classes were suppossed to start this last weekend but because of the holiday weekend the other teachers cancelled. I went for my kids class and the time was messed up by the secretary but worked out great because it runs right before a kids education class which I got to do a little demo for them and introduce them to my kids hip hop and movement class.
I taught a breakdance class to some high schoolers today it was so much fun.
i went and met Janet Taylor a chiroprator here on the island who owns a resort in the rainforest Its so lovely and I'm hoping to do some work there with energy, thai, healing the other things I love in life.
I had an interview on the local radio station here to promote the Latin hip hop dance classes. I was the only teacher who showed up but i had a good time doing it and the ad sounds sweet. Everything is starting to show up slowly here. How does it get any better?
oh i forgot to write about this a few weeks back but I went to meet my friend Phenier at the barber show now imagine this....In a barber shop all guys and they are jamming out to old school Whitney Houston....singing along ....And I will always love yououououo.
Hilarious .....I just started laughing right then and there I never saw or heard such a thing. Life is sweet hoping to start an herb garden and small veggies soon. awaiting a barrell from my mom yippeee surprises.
Ok signing off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment