Life in Dominica.....

Chapter 1
Getting adapted....

Monday, July 19, 2010

life's little challenges

well we gonna go back a little as it's been a few weeks again.
July 2.....and beyond
Me and Ghandi had the go ahead for the teen dance camp and i got to be on the radio to promote twice in the last 2 weeks. I really don't think that's enough. The national youth council was suppossed to help with promoting and well let's just say it didn't go according to plan as usual here......
I spent a lovely weekend up in Bellvue with the WInston family we did some sewing i made an african dance skirt and the kids helped me of course and then Becky (one of the kids) made a little bag out of old jeans) Melanie whipped up some mango and banana bread and we watched Razzle Dazzle.
The next morning me and the kids took a walk in the woods and without my knowing i was attacked by chiggers(aka bete rouge). The are microscopic insects that get into your clothes and bury into your skin and eat until they burst. I didn't notice this happened until the morning after.
We proceeded to breakdance after our walk and then we took the horse out to ride for a bit.
I got a ride home and taught my yoga class showered before. The next morning i awoke to find over 100 bites all over my thighs, waistline and armpits. They didn't ictch I had no clue what they were. and then the itchy started and i found out what happened. they are now almost gone still a few spots here and there but damn that was some sleepless nights...
The next week I taught a few days at the peace corp summer camp teaching dance to the kiddies good times.
and then on the 11th debra who owns Ooh La la in Delices hired me and my drummer to teach african dance at her bday. it was a great success. me and ghandi helped with lunch/dinner and i introduced mojitos to them virgin or proper was the question. I had invited my new yoga friend Diann and her friends who are here visiting they had a blast as well. WE all hike up to victoria falls and chanted OM DOMINICA and had an amazing time.
The saturday before Eco Irie http://irieeco.blogspot.com/
started all the staff met we went to the bath estate river it was lovely.
The camp has been really fun so far some times chaotic but the kids are so fun. Tomrrow I will start to teach thriller.... to them
The yoga classes are steady and not too many new students but what else is possible?
I started teaching again at the secondary school for the summer and found out there are quite a few fans of the dance i choreographed for them at their school show soo we will be doing that again...
more to come soon
keep yurself posted

No comments:

Post a Comment