Life in Dominica.....

Chapter 1
Getting adapted....

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

moving around again!!!!

As usual not even sure where to begin with the life tales.
Summer camp has been very interesting. I love all the other teachers they are great we have been out exploring the island all weekend with ghandi...
my living situation changing again... i moved up to one place and the landlord wanted to start charging me more rent cause my bf was staying it was really ridiculous so i stayed 2 weeks. I planned to move in with the other summer camp teachers lies, lucil and tracy and talked to the granny upstairs who said is was ok and would check with daughter in england. well i move in and the next day am told I'm not allowed to stay... ok so now what... well i had a very adventurous weekend we hitchhiked to emerald pool where we hiked through the rainforest at night went swimming under the stars slept under the stars while ghandi kept watch all nigh ... so adorable setting up booby traps for anything trying to enter our sleeping area. we had yoga with the rain pouring down under a picnic shelter in the early morning. our oats got a wee burnt but we ate them anyways and we had some real special white stale dominican bread. we started to hitch to castle bruce where we spent all day on the beach on the atlantic side. It was so beatufiul on the black sand beach... of couse we still had dominican men trying relentlessly to keep us company but for the most part the beach was empty.
more of the adventure to come it's my bday now and i need my beauty rest for my early morning breakfast in bed call....hdigabtt?

No comments:

Post a Comment