Life in Dominica.....

Chapter 1
Getting adapted....

Monday, November 1, 2010

life goes on....

I'm going to start with a more disturbing story that has happened to me. On October 10 I started walking from town to Wotten Wave where i teach Sunday afternoon classes at shangri la resort. This road is not too traveled and its a nice up hill climb to get there. Just as I reached the junction to go up there was a younger man there asking me to come i said no and kept walking. I then realized he was following me and was all of a sudden right behind me asking where I was going I said none of his business and then i grabbed my butt and was laughing and looking very crazy... Luckily some guys on motorcyles were coming past and i stopped them and a bus that was coming and they could tell i was freaked out so I got in the bus with them
and then said i shouldn't be out walking by myself... I finally made it to shangri la and went to take a river bath and found about 15 local guys down there. They weren't bothersome just said hello and i went and did my thing.
A few weeks later the same guy followed some of my students from class to the next village. So the following class i had my bf Ghandi come up with me. after class we ran in to the fellow again right in the village. He was talking to Ghandi and asked him if he wanted to see something. So he drops out this huge living boa constrictor from his bag that he carries on his back. He holds and shows it close to ghandi I was on the other side of the road. he then left. I later found out the guy is suppossed to be on meds and he refuses to take them sooo I went to the police and they said they couldn't do much with him unless i want to take him to court. which here court would be anywhere between 5-10 years forget that hassle.
Tomorrow i have class again so we will see what it brings. What would it take for this guy to disappear and leave me alone and all others he has harrassed?

Well that's just one story of how I'm being pushed back in life finally when classes are getting a little fuller more students then this...

on a brighter note we are in creole festival time lots of cultural festivities are going on and it's fun to watch and be a part of it.
I have a ticket to return to the states in December. Probably for a month we will see what shows up for me on my travels.

I'm ready for a change. I don't feel myself in Dominica lately or if ever. Its an uphill struggle and I really would rather another choice. What else is possible??

No comments:

Post a Comment